Re: [opensuse-factory] Tiger VNC
Hi,

On wto, mar 12, 2019 at 4:19 PM, Vinzenz Vietzke <vinz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

currently Tiger VNC is installed via basic pattern and therefore included in
any oS installation. I'd like to discuss it's inclusion.

1. Tiger VNC looks quite "old fashioned". Is it really necessary to keep this
thing?

2. As Tiger VNC is coming from basic desktop pattern and e.g. the Gtk tool
"Remmina" rooting from the Xfce pattern we have some duplication here. So
removing Tiger VNC would solve that and put the selection of remote desktop
tools up to the respective DE's patterns.

3. This might be a bit unpopular for "the maker's choice" of distributions,
but: Is some remote desktop client needed at all in a default installation?

What do you think?

VNC clients has been made by basically every desktop provider nowadays,
with default Gnome installation you will get VNC client made by Gnome.
It might be a good idea to ship that stuff in extended desktop patterns
instead of with X11, and install Tiger for whichever desktop doesn't have
a VNC client out there.

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world