[opensuse-factory] Tiger VNC
  • From: Vinzenz Vietzke <vinz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:19:33 +0100
Hi,

currently Tiger VNC is installed via basic pattern and therefore included in
any oS installation. I'd like to discuss it's inclusion.

1. Tiger VNC looks quite "old fashioned". Is it really necessary to keep this
thing?

2. As Tiger VNC is coming from basic desktop pattern and e.g. the Gtk tool
"Remmina" rooting from the Xfce pattern we have some duplication here. So
removing Tiger VNC would solve that and put the selection of remote desktop
tools up to the respective DE's patterns.

3. This might be a bit unpopular for "the maker's choice" of distributions,
but: Is some remote desktop client needed at all in a default installation?

What do you think?

Regards,
vinz.