Re: No predictable network devices names anymore? (was: Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 15.1 Build 426.2 released!)
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 06:59:55 -0400
On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 6:47 AM Manfred Hollstein
<mhollstein@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi there,

I just did a new installation (no upgrade this time) and was kind of
surprised to see the network device name is "eth0" again.

I thought that we switched to the so called "predictable network device
names" quite some time ago. Not that I don't like to see "eth0" again
(by default - on my other systems I had to apply manual changes in order
to stick with the former names), but I thought I'd ask if this change of
policy happened intentionally.

Err, I don't think this was intentional...?