Re: [opensuse-factory] Non-functional Steam in Tumbleweed

On 3/8/19 8:58 AM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Fri, 2019-03-08 at 14:55 +0100, Ondrej Holecek wrote:
On Friday, March 8, 2019 2:28:10 PM CET Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

If nobody steps up, I'm afreaid we'll have to drop Steam from the
repos. Which, for one, sounds like a shame. On the other hand, seems
nobody in the userbase realized in the last two months that steam was
not working?!? So it might not even be that big of an issue if we drop
it.
Hi,

last time I checked and it still seems to be the case steam crashes in
swrast_dri, so I suspect it being problem in Mesa/DRI or software rendering
usage and not in steam.
In real world usage steam works perfectly fine (at least with AMDGPU drivers I
use at home).

It would be shame to drop it from repos due to nonfunctioning openQA test since
openQA does not tests AMD and NVIDIA drivers anyway.

    Steam did not work for almost all of february.  Seems to  me kernel updates are the

main cause of steam problems. Steam is working again now. I surely do not know about

who was maintaining it, so I do not complain anymore. Sure would be bad to delete it if it

works. Thanks to anyone who has helped.  To me I would think it would be courteous for a

maintainer to express a desire to pass it on.

                            mike s

Thanks for your feedbacks! OF course, if steam works, it's not going to
be dropped. It's just that this worked for quite a while in openQA and
suddenly stopped. And without a maintainer looking at the bugs, there
is not much to go by.

In this case, we're likely better off removing that test from openQA -
until somebody finds the will, time and power to make a test that
actually makes sense and gives a reliable information about the
package. The test as-is serves no purpose, other than having a red
blob.

Cheers
Dominique