[SOLVED] Re: [opensuse-factory] Question re Tumbleweed and Virtualbox 6.0.4 (from Oracle)
On Friday, 8 March 2019 20:29:01 ACDT Rodney Baker wrote:
Hi all,

Do the recent Tumbleweed snapshots have the relevant fix to allow Virtualbox
6.0.4 to run without manual intervention when installed from the Oracle
package (rather than from the TW repo), or do I need to install it first
from the TW repo to get the fixes?

The reason I ask is because I use dkms to manage the module installation if
switching kernels, but I seem to remember that that doesn't work if
installed from the openSUSE/TW repo packages because they use pre-built
kernel modules. It also has a dependency on a specific kernel version, but
I'm running 5.0.0 from the kernel-head TW repo.

Regards,
Rodney.

Never mind - I just reinstalled from the Oracle RPM after updating last night
and it is working. Thanks to the maintainers for your work. :)

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx
CCNA #CSCO12880208