Re: [opensuse-factory] [PLEASE SPEAK UP] Disabling legacy file systems by default?
On Thu, 2019-01-31 at 21:57 +0100, Martin Wilck wrote:

If anyone is interested, a prototype of the blacklisting logic can be
found in my home project:
[...]

All the blacklisting-related logic is in the spec file. The default
is
to blacklist all previously mentioned modules. Separate blacklist
files
for each file system are placed in /etc/modprobe.d/60-blacklist_fs-
$FS.conf.

FTR, this code has been in in Factory since 20190219 and in Leap 15.1
since Build 416.2. The corresponding util-linux change that would print
a warning if mounting a file system failed with ENODEV for a
blacklisted filesystem is still in review state for Factory
(sr#681652), while it went into Leap 15.1 with Build 416.2, too.

So far I haven't heard complaints about file systems not being
accessible any more. I'd be interested to hear how it's going. Did
anybody attempt to un-blacklist certain file systems yet?

Regards,
Martin

--
Dr. Martin Wilck <mwilck@xxxxxxxx>, Tel. +49 (0)911 74053 2107
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imend├Ârffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton