Re: [opensuse-factory] YaST: highlights of development sprint 71 and 72
Am Wed, 6 Mar 2019 10:12:31 +1030
schrieb Simon Lees <sflees@xxxxxxx>:

On 06/03/2019 03:36, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
Richard Brown wrote:

[snip]

From a professional developer perspective it would be nice to have
features known from Github or Atlassian Jira also for the openSUSE
community. Bugzilla is not bad to normal bugs, but Github, Jira and
other modern platforms have much more useful features e.g. to
process feature requests.

In almost all cases these days the code will come from an upstream
with such tools that can be used for feature tracking. Something like
changing the kernel version in Leap is very rare and for now the ways
for discussing it are either the mailinglist or openSUSE's bugzilla,
whether we could / should replace openSUSE's bugzilla instance with
something "better" is a discussion for another day but potentially a
day that is not too far of in the grand scheme of things.

Having worked with Jira for some years I must say, its not the silver
bullet either. It has some nice features, but weaknesses in other
areas. Its not free software (neither github is) and will be quite
expensive if all features are used.

IMHO filing a feature request in bugzilla provides all information we
need, and allows discussion and tracking as well. Should be enough to
replace fate for now.

Cheers
Axel