Aw: Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20190205 released! => unoperabel KDE => please HELP => solved
  • From: ub22@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 15:49:04 +0100
Hi together,

after a very long time of search I found the reason of the hanging of the
NFS-Server and depends on this the NFS-Clients with mounted /home which are
blocked several time for some minutes till hours.

The reason was a hangig daemon which are included in the
/etc/init.d/boot.local
Script. After the update to systemd, the script was included in
/usr/lib/systemd/system/rc-local.service

Inside of the boot.local there are only one relevant line:
test -x /usr/bin/aerod && ( /usr/bin/aerod -f -t &>> /var/log/aquero.log )&

Which starts the lynix aerodamon which allows to monitor my FAN-Control.
https://github.com/lynix/aerotools
https://www.aquacomputer.de/steuerung.html

Due to the fact that boot.local was not canceled before a reboot and Continuos
hangs, I created an aerod.service in the /etc/systemd/system like described in
some openSUSE forums:
# cat /etc/systemd/system/aerod.service
[Unit]
Description=aerod Serice
ConditionFileIsExecutable=/usr/bin/aerod
After=basic.target

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/bin/aerod -f -t
ExecStop=killall aerod
TimeoutSec=0
#StandardOutput=/var/log/aquero.log
StandardOutput=tty
RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
#
Now I saw some errors in the log some USB errors - which seams the reason.

Excuse me but I didn't store the error messages and was out of the journalctl
log :-(

Regards
Ulf