[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2019/09
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

In week 9, we managed to stay stable with regards to the number of
snapshots, compared to week 8. There were again 4 snapshots published:
0220, 0224, 0225 and 0226. Of course, we don’t care as much for the
stability of snapshot numbers as we do for stability in the product –
but that seems also to be at a good level, judging from the numbers at
http://review.tumbleweed.boombatower.com/

So, what did those four snapshots bring you? of course a lot of
updates:

* Linux kernel 4.20.10
* Mesa 18.3.4
* binutils 2.32
* bison 3.3.2 (3.3.1 broke some packages in ‘funny’ ways)
* Mozilla Firefox 65.0.1
* Squid 4.6
* LXQt 0.14.0
* Ruby 2.5 is no more – R.I.P.

When looking at the current staging projects, there are still many
things planned to come:

* Linux kernel 4.20.12
* KDE Plasma 5.15.2
* PostgreSQL 10.7 and maybe also version 11 soon
* git 2.21.0
* Virtualbox 6.0.4
* Rust 1.32
* Linux kernel 4.20.13
* LibreOffice 6.2.1.1 with full KDE FRamework integration instead of
the GTK3 wrapper
* openssl 1.1.1 is not forgotten: nodejs still blocking

Cheers,
Dominique
< Previous Next >