Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: LXQT - problem after TW update
Hi,

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 08:57:14 +0100
Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx> wrote:

Am Fri, 1 Mar 2019 08:48:02 +0100
schrieb Luca Beltrame <lbeltrame@xxxxxxx>:

Il giorno Thu, 28 Feb 2019 08:12:32 +0100
Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx> ha scritto:

after rboot a screen popped up and asked something about a window
manager....I think I chose icewm.

I think that is the issue: it is presented on top, but you needed to
choose just a window manager, like openbox (I saw that too as I use
lxqt for remote access: it wasn't clear at all).

It is easily fixable though AFAICS.

Edit ~/.config/lxqt/session.conf and put "openbox" in the
"window_manager" line instead of icewm. Logout / login should do it
then.

That fixed it, indeed! Now it is back to normal.

Thanks for the quick help
Axel

lxqt-config or more detailed lxqt-config-session is the place to change
the wm under "Window Manager".

LXQt upstream now doesn't recommend a certain WM over others
(previously they used Openbox). If you have more than one installed now
we ask you which one you want to take. Some days ago I patched it to
just use Openbox again if that is present.

In general LXQt supports quite some Window Managers and the favourite
ones of LXQt devs are Kwin and xfwm.

If you want to play around with them you can always reset in
lxqt-config-session.