On Monday 2019-02-18 18:46, Martin Wilck wrote:

We need to define without ambiguity under what conditions a _shell
script_ complies with the feature set of "/bin/sh". That means that we
need to have a _test procedure_ (#). We could say that "code is
compliant iff it runs without errors under every POSIX-compliant shell
(*)". But that's hard to test

With a single prjconf line, we can make Factory (in a cloned project) build
everything with an alternate sh. Haven't yet come to a selection whether or not
I should do the initial build on a private instance, or start outright on
build.opensuse.org.

For essential runtime testing, there is OpenQA. Perhaps it's possible to add a
job that derives from an existing run and has an extra action that switches sh
via update-alternatives after installation, and then runs the rest of the
testsuite. I don't quite know if OpenQA is capable of that yet.