Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed – Review of the weeks 2019/04 – 07
On Fri, 2019-02-15 at 15:21 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
wrote:
On Fri, 2019-02-15 at 15:05 +0100, Christoph Feck wrote:
On 02/15/19 14:37, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
Oh, right - openSSL 1.1.1 is of course still on the radar (was flying a
bi low though)

In order to visualize it's errors better, if there are still any, I
moved this now to an own staging area (Staging:J) - I should be able to
make a much better assessment in a couple hours what, if anything,
still blocks this.

In general, 'a single build failure' can indeed block a major update -
just imaging such a failure making the installer unusable for example.

Thanks for the pointer. I now see that Staging:J indeed shows
regressions in the autoyast installer, which of course need to be
resolved before shipping.

https://build.opensuse.org/project/staging_projects/openSUSE:Factory/J

That's probably a lie - that test must be from before openSSL 1.1
entered :J

The first build fail coming out from the tests is
perl-IO-Socket-SSL

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/openSUSE:Factory:Staging:J/perl-IO-Socket-SSL/standard/x86_64

Somehow I can't imagine us being the first ones trying to use perl in
combination with openssl 1.1 :(

This is actually https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=126899