Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed – Review of the weeks 2019/04 – 07
On Fri, 2019-02-15 at 14:22 +0100, Christoph Feck wrote:
Hi Dominique,

On 02/15/19 14:06, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
So I started looking into the releases of the last 4 weeks and was
shocked to only find 8 snapshots (0121, 0124, 0125, 0126, 0201, 0202,
0205 and 0209).

Thanks for keeping it rolling! An average of two snapshots per week is
plenty enough :) For critical issues that need to be fixed same day,
there is always the possibility to use the update-channel.

Thanks - yes, sure, an average of two is still nice and shows it's
rolling.

Despite all those major achievements, a lot of new updates / changes
are already being forged:

Is OpenSSL 1.1.1 still on the radar? Bug 1101780 seems to make no
progress and according to
https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2018/09/11/release111/ "are strongly
advised to upgrade to OpenSSL 1.1.1." since a few months already. I find
it odd that a single python package can block the release of a security
update for so long.

Oh, right - openSSL 1.1.1 is of course still on the radar (was flying a
bi low though)

In order to visualize it's errors better, if there are still any, I
moved this now to an own staging area (Staging:J) - I should be able to
make a much better assessment in a couple hours what, if anything,
still blocks this.

In general, 'a single build failure' can indeed block a major update -
just imaging such a failure making the installer unusable for example.

Cheers
Dominique