Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Disabling legacy file systems by default?
On 13/02/2019 09.53, L A Walsh wrote:
On 2/11/2019 4:52 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 12/02/2019 01.40, L A Walsh wrote:

But if the file-system driver isn't built how can the file
system load? I mean things that I don't want/don't need on my
system and know I am unlikely to use don't get built. At that
point I'm not sure why I'd need a black list.

Obviously.
But there are people that need those filesystems, and done your way
they could not mount them. Some use such a filesystem as "/", so they
could not even boot.

----
If such a file system was their 'root', wouldn't they likely
also have their own kernel?

Their *own* kernel? Meaning they build the kernel themselves, not using
the stock one provided by the distro? I don't see why.

I.e. what are they booting from if they
have that file system as their 'root'? Seems to me they wouldn't
be booting from *either*, a kernel that doesn't have it, NOR one
that has it black listed (as it wouldn't load).

But openSUSE - read the thread - when adds the blacklist skips those
filesystems that are currently mounted.

Also, I better know how to rebuild the kernel than I would know
how to change the blacklist (not that I couldn't look it up and find
out). It's far easier to build the linux kernel than most software
projects.

I have not built a kernel in a long time. Years, probably. I'm not keen
in having to do it, thanks.

And that would block installing openSUSE on such a filesystem - there
are people here that use jfs for root, for instance. As already
mentioned in this thread.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.