Re: [opensuse-factory] Dependencies for Perl not resolvable (libgdbm.so.5)
On Wed, 2019-02-13 at 12:13 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
wrote:
On Wed, 2019-02-13 at 12:04 +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Hi!

I'm trying to build updated Python packages in my home project in d:l:p:aws
which fails with:

unresolvable: nothing provides libgdbm.so.5()(64bit) needed by perl

Is there a gdbm transition going on at the moment?

gdbm has been updated to 1.18, resulting in libgdbm.so.6 - and
libgdbm.so.5 disappearing. In order to make the bootstrap cycle not
blow over, a libgdbm5 compat package was added to Factory, which was
not meant to be published - but the pure presence of this package made
our scripts not realize that perl needed to be rebuilt against the new
version of gdbm :(

And some fun issues bled through repos. I'm busy trying to fix the
issue.

A hack should be in place that should solve this issue for now. Can you
please verify and confirm if your issue vanished?

Cheers
Dominique
< Previous Next >