On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 09:50:51 +1030, Simon Lees <sflees@xxxxxxx> wrote:

? GNU gcc is by now impossible to build on HP-UX.
? Projects that switch(ed) to meson/ninja won't build outside Linux
? Projects that require new(er/est) gcc won't build on OS's that
won't build gcc

Interestingly related to this discussion I read from the Meson twitter
account this morning "Switching to Meson made KornShell's build time
35x faster. Not 35 percent, 35 times." which is a pretty compelling
argument for making a change.

https://twitter.com/mesonbuild/status/1095391825647538176

Maybe they forgot that make supports -j35

meson is "parallel" by default, make is not

And I fully subscribe to Dominique's comment, but that might be obvious

--
H.Merijn Brand http://tux.nl Perl Monger http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using perl5.00307 .. 5.29 porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE