On 11/02/2019 21.13, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 21:11:07 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I mean, if we want to make sure there are no problems in their path,
let's remove usernames and passwords as well. Passwords are just an
obstacle to a good user experience, after all.

Well, there is the setting easy/secure/paranoid. It could be expanded.

And who are the users going to blame when their system is compromised?

They're not going to own it. They're going to blame our default settings.

I'm not saying that.

I'm saying that we could expand these choices. If you (I mean, the user)
choose a setting in YaST like "I want easy setup even if not fully
secure at my own risk", and that setting includes not blacklisting
modules, and other things that may arise, that would be another solution
to our problem.

I'm not actually proposing it, I'm only thinking aloud, wondering.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)