On Monday 2019-02-11 20:25, Jim Henderson wrote:
Maybe we should ship with Xorg permissions open to the world. Because
if I'm running an application remotely from another system, having to
type 'xhost +' or to enable permissions is "too hard".

Tech note:

Most people should be running an SSO-style solution. ssh, su, etc.
forward appropriate key material through environment variables and the
like just by logging in, making the use of xhost wholly unnecessary.

Too inconvenient, according to some. After all, if you're using ssh with
public keys

ssh does not hard-require keypairs.