[opensuse-factory] Re: [PLEASE SPEAK UP] Disabling legacy file systems by default?
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 16:31:14 -0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 12:56:53 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:

On 2/9/19 7:45 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

I prefer not to start with the assumption that people are stupid. But
what do I know, I've only been in online communities for about 30
years. m-/

Interesting.

I got online in 1985 myself. My conclusion from the experience, and from
just over half a century of life, is that most humans are very *very*
stupid. At best, they are stupid outside of their specific area(s) of
expertise -- if they have any.

YMMV.

I don't know what "m-/" means.

Facepalm.

Determining that something is listed in a file as blacklisted is *not*
harder.

Can I ask you for just one thing?

Try to hold in mind that stuff that you find easy may be stuff that
other people find hard, and /vice versa./

Like I said, I've only been doing online community support for about 30
years. I have found that people can be taught, and if they have
questions, they'll ask them. That's part of what the community is for
and what it does.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson