On 2/9/19 7:45 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

I prefer not to start with the assumption that people are stupid. But
what do I know, I've only been in online communities for about 30 years.
m-/

Interesting.

I got online in 1985 myself. My conclusion from the experience, and from
just over half a century of life, is that most humans are very *very*
stupid. At best, they are stupid outside of their specific area(s) of
expertise -- if they have any.

YMMV.

I don't know what "m-/" means.

Determining that something is listed in a file as blacklisted is *not*
harder.

Can I ask you for just one thing?

Try to hold in mind that stuff that you find easy may be stuff that
other people find hard, and /vice versa./

Linux is not Windows. I think anyone who uses Linux knows that.

You do? Gosh.
But I suspect that's not the case; you want usability for your niche use-
cases at the expense of the broader community's system security.

Thanks, but no thanks.

OK. Yes, I disagree, but I am getting a strong impression from this
thread that what I want out of my own computers' OS is not what *SUSE
people want from theirs.

So, fine. I accept that and will let it go. Life's too short.