On 2/9/19 7:53 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
Until the headline "all Linux systems using [filesystem that should have
been blacklisted] exposed to fatal security flaw" shows up.

I'd rather be secure by default.

Ha! Nothing written in C or based on anything written in C is "secure by
default". :-D

You don't prevent security exploits from being used by saying "yeah,
whatever, make it easy and don't give a damn about security until it's a
problem" - because at the point the problem is reported, it's too late.

Like I said earlier, if you're offering to step up and do proper
maintenance on these niche filesystems, that's great. They need it.

But if you're not, then don't make my systems less secure because it's
too inconvenient for you to uncomment a driver you need in a blacklist
file on the systems you specifically need the feature on.

OK, well, as you wish. You clearly have very different preferences to me
on this, but as with the previous subthread, it seems clear to me that
what I personally want out of a desktop distro isn't what the
participants in this list want from them.

So, having given it my best shot, I'll shut up about it, at least for now.