Michal Suchánek <msuchanek@xxxxxxx> wrote:

In general however, the typical shell scripts on a platform should not
cause
related problems as the typical cases are handled correctly by most shells.

Here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=382276

I have seen code artifically balancing case parentheses in our kernel
build scripts and added some myself but I am not sure if the problem is
in rpm spec parser or bash in this case.

This is a bash bug that has been fixed in bash-5.

Please note: If you have any problem with $(cmd), I recommend to test with
bosh, as bosh has the most correct known implementation.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
joerg.schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/