On Sat, 2019-02-09 at 14:36 +1030, Simon Lees wrote:

From a packaging perspective I don't mind so much either way if
people
want to put in the work. I have never rejected a review because of
bashism's in a #!/bin/sh i'm guessing that I like many others simply
don't know everything that is and isn't a bashism. I don't think that
its reasonable to expect all developers to learn this. So if we did
decide to enforce this kind of rule personally i'd like to see some
form
of automated checking whether its in rpmlint or something else so
everyone isn't expected to just know. Until that point I don't think
we
should enforce it in reviews.

There's the "checkbashisms" script from Debian. It's available on
factory as part of the "devscripts" package. I guess it should be
possible to add that to a build check. We could even force it to run
over any script with /bin/sh shebang...

... except that "checkbashisms" itself doesn't work under factory; it
spits out all kinds of perl syntax problems. It's kind of ironic that
this happens with just this script.

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Wilck <mwilck@xxxxxxxx>, Tel. +49 (0)911 74053 2107
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton