Re: [opensuse-factory] Next Snapshot(s) delayed (Where are my CVE fixes?)
  • From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 21:58:43 +0100
On dimanche, 10 février 2019 09.43:03 h CET Stephan Kulow wrote:
Hi,

The latest snapshot has built with glibc 2.29 and ruby 2.6
(and hopefully a good enough fix for netconfig), but as it
hit openQA, too many problems appear.

https://openqa.opensuse.org/group_overview/1 shows > 60 failures
and among things that are kind of expected (e.g. there was an
update of the GNOME theme, which does not help openQA), all
network installations fail to detect the installation source.

So this will need to be debugged before we can continue with
releasing snapshots.

Greetings, Stephan

Thanks for the heads up, Coolo.

Am I the only victim of big chunks of changes ?

I'm still waiting an update (one for security reason, the other for the shake
of all the goodness PostgreSQL 11 would bring to us)

https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/651973 since 3 months ago as
PostgreSQL dba, we live naked !

which more recent (13 days) but a superseed of the 3 month

If someone can provide an explanation about why we are not able to provide
security first fix, in place of major upgrade which are known to stalled
snapshot delivery, I would be really thanksfull to him(her), I always want to
learn about our process.

And yes I've tried all that I can to contact directly maintainers to make it
happen, before expressing this mail (that I can understand could look like a
rumble), but hell the next PostgreSQL release will happen in a few weeks
afterwards ;-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch