Re: [opensuse-factory] strange su behaviour
On 08-02-19 09:09, Frans de Boer wrote:
After the latest TW update from last Wednesday I noticed a strange behavior when using the next command:
  su - <name>

It always returns with the next message:
  [1]+  Stopped                 su - <name>

I also found that runuser displayed the same behavior and I also noticed that the actual su process keeps on running in the background.

It acts as if I have entered:
  su - <name> &
  kill <pid>

So I wonder, is it "the latest feature" or a bug?

Regards, Frans.

Thanks all for the replies. It was indeed with one account only due to a malformed '.bash_profile'. Probably because bash 5.0 came into play. Under LP15 (with bash 4.x) there was no such issue.

-- Frans.