On Fri, 2019-02-08 at 20:01 +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Friday 2019-02-08 18:22, Martin Wilck wrote:

But isn't that also an argument for having /bin/sh always point to
bash? Like it or not, bash is the "de-facto standard" (yuck) shell
today under Linux. People expect it to be that way.

"We always did it that way" is just not a very good argument for
anything.

That wasn't my argument. The argument was that changing it would break
people's assumptions. But never mind.

Back to my point - openSUSE needs to have a reliable standard what
kind of shell syntax is acceptable in scriptlets which don't use "-
p".

The aim surely is sh, simply because most specfiles are simple,
already compliant or annotated -- judging from all the files that
have passed me by within the last two-plus years.

Define "sh", please. We've seem at least 4 candidates in this thread so
far except bash itself (dash, ash, (p)bosh, ksh93).

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Wilck <mwilck@xxxxxxxx>, Tel. +49 (0)911 74053 2107
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton