Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 08.02.19 um 18:30 schrieb Martin Wilck:
You seem to be arguing for dash: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DashAsBinSh.
But that article also painfully demonstrates all the stuff people need
to avoid if they want to write compliant code.

If we really want a small, fast, good shell, I'd vote for busybox's ash.
It supports many useful bashisms without being obnoxious and annoying
like that abomination that is dash.

ash based shells have many pitfalls. One important is that they do not
implement $(cmd) correctly in corner cases.

Also: the original ash (and dash) do not implement the required support for
multi byte characters.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin