Am 08.02.19 um 18:30 schrieb Martin Wilck:
You seem to be arguing for dash: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DashAsBinSh.
But that article also painfully demonstrates all the stuff people need
to avoid if they want to write compliant code.

If we really want a small, fast, good shell, I'd vote for busybox's ash.
It supports many useful bashisms without being obnoxious and annoying
like that abomination that is dash.

It's even smaller:
seife@strolchi:/local/seife/src/git-repos/busybox> ls -lh _install/bin/
total 100K
lrwxrwxrwx 1 seife users 7 Feb 8 19:02 ash -> busybox
-rwxr-xr-x 1 seife users 100K Feb 8 19:02 busybox
lrwxrwxrwx 1 seife users 7 Feb 8 19:02 sh -> busybox
seife@strolchi:/local/seife/src/git-repos/busybox> ls -lh /usr/bin/dash
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 124K Jan 30 02:39 /usr/bin/dash

IMVHO dash serves only one purpose - as a bad example ;-)
--
Stefan Seyfried