On Thu, 2019-02-07 at 09:16 +1030, Simon Lees wrote:
We actually have quite a simple policy:

1. File a bug report
2. The maintainer will then decide on the following.
   a. Its an openSUSE issue.
      i. Then they can decide to add it to there todo list
      ii. or mark it as wont fix because they don't have time to do
it
   b. Its an upstream issue
      i. They can point you to the upstream location for suggesting
features / enhancements (preferable)
      ii. Suggest the feature on your behalf (generally if they also
agree its something they want to see).
      iii. If your extra lucky they might just implement it upstream.
      iv. They may say the idea is likely unfeasible or wont be
accepted
upstream because similar ideas in the past have been rejected.

Bug reports are handled differently of course. Especially those
related
to security issues.

Hi Simon- per your request I have two questions for you:

1. Is this to-be-implemented blacklist a feature or a bug?

2. What is the purpose of this mailing list? I have observed
discussions related to the determination of bugs in this list. Should
this list be utilized for this purpose or for a different purpose? As
far as I'm aware bugs are fair game for discussion here, though perhaps
the openSUSE forum may be more appropriate?

Best, Jim

Hi Simon- as far as I'm aware I am not making assumptions, merely
communicating my observations. It appears that the (open)SUSE
community/corporation lacks any process to escalate such risks,
suggestions, and/or recommendations upstream. As such, this simply
is
not the distribution for me to use for any use case in any domain.

Best, Jim