  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2019 07:04:12 +0100
On Wednesday, 6 February 2019 23:38 Carlos E. R. wrote:
Do you know that I came to install SuSE because of a good review on
the summer of 1998?

I initially installed something else. Debian? Redhat? I don't
remember, but I understood nothing. Then a magazine published a
review of several distros, a comparison. It said that "SuSE
professional" was the easiest one of the lot. And another magazine
summer special included 5.3 on two CDs.

So I went for it and never looked back :-)

Good reviews are important to newbies.

Not a contradiction. Information source being useless as a source of
actually useful information doesn't prevent it to be loved by a lot of
people and taken seriously by them. Maybe exactly the opposite...

Michal Kubecek