Please stop top posting.

On 07/02/2019 05:04, Jim E Bonfiglio wrote:
Hi Simon- as far as I'm aware I am not making assumptions, merely
communicating my observations. It appears that the (open)SUSE
community/corporation lacks any process to escalate such risks,
suggestions, and/or recommendations upstream. As such, this simply is
not the distribution for me to use for any use case in any domain.

Best, Jim

We actually have quite a simple policy:

1. File a bug report
2. The maintainer will then decide on the following.
a. Its an openSUSE issue.
i. Then they can decide to add it to there todo list
ii. or mark it as wont fix because they don't have time to do it
b. Its an upstream issue
i. They can point you to the upstream location for suggesting
features / enhancements (preferable)
ii. Suggest the feature on your behalf (generally if they also
agree its something they want to see).
iii. If your extra lucky they might just implement it upstream.
iv. They may say the idea is likely unfeasible or wont be accepted
upstream because similar ideas in the past have been rejected.

Bug reports are handled differently of course. Especially those related
to security issues.