[opensuse-factory] upower useless on TW?
  • From: Michal Suchánek <msuchanek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 20:10:13 +0100
Hello,

So my battery state went to 'critical' according to upower, a
notification was displayed, and the system was shut down immediately.

If upower cannot resolve the issue in any useful way I would prefer to
use the system until it crashes.

Apparently upower would hibernate the system (by default) if it deemed
the feature available but for some reason it thinks my system cannot be
hibernated.

How does it determine this? Both upower(7) and upowerd(8) are stubs
referencing a mailing list.

Can we remove any dependencies on this abomination?

Thanks

Michal