On 2/6/19 5:05 PM, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
It's a simple cost-benefit analysis. Developer time (even if it's
volunteer) isn't free. If you want to invest your personal time in
auditing and improving every file system that Linux supports, that's
certainly your prerogative. As those file systems are improved, we can
discuss removing them from the blacklist.

But that's not how it works.

I'm afraid that how it works is:

"I tried $DISTRO-1 but it didn't work with $DISTRO-2 and $OTHER-OS, so I
switched to $DISTRO-3 because it just worked."

And that least to

"Yeah, $DISTRO-1 doesn't work as well with other hardware and doesn't
dual-boot well, so don't waste your time on it."

I'm not saying this is right or good. It's just how it is.