Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Keeping TW installation lean (Tumbleweed snapshot 20190201 released!)
  • From: Pierre de Villemereuil <flyos@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 09:46:37 +0100
Hi,

It would be interesting for you to check how much snapshots you have before
the upgrade. In those case of exceptionnal almost full distribution update, I
would delete all old snapshots (afterward the running system is working) and
only keep one full in case of. Once snapshots are removed, I also rerun btrfs-
balance to force reclaim of free space.

Did all that. I started the update with only one snapshot that I set up to be
my default subvolume for btrfs (so it shouldn't take up more space) and ran the
balance process of btrfsmaintenance beforehand.

Still, the update was too large to pass without an issue...

But compressing root solved it, so I guess there's that.

Thanks for your input anyway!

Cheers,
Pierre.