  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 07:05:54 +0100
On Wednesday, 6 February 2019 2:47 Raphael Lydia Bertoche wrote:
I replied to the old thread, so here I say again, you were right about
e2fs being enabled, in fact I had problem with f2fs. Just don't be a
moron and say to people to shut up until they're talking accurately.

What an attitude... _You_ make a mistake which makes your comment lose
any sense and then you call Jan a moron just because he didn't realize
you actually meant something completely different than you wrote. Guess
I'm a moron, too, because I didn't realize you meant f2fs either. For
people like me, e2fs used to be _the_ linux filesystem for quite long
while f2fs is something I'm vaguely aware of but I didn't have a need
for yet. (Actually, most of my awareness is because of the number of
security vulnerabilities found in f2fs which I couldn't overlook even if
I don't work on them.)

And for the record...

suddenly my machine that did mkfs e2fs the other day couldn't
mount the SD card with data I needed to repair the phone.

This is not surprising at all, mkfs.* are userspace programs which
create an image of (usually) empty filesystem on a block device or in
a file. They don't need kernel support for mounting that filesystem.

Michal Kubeček