Hi Simon- I don't care to dig through my emails again to justify my
observations. Have fun with your distribution.

Best, Jim

On Tue, 2019-02-05 at 19:34 +1030, Simon Lees wrote:

On 05/02/2019 08:33, Jim E Bonfiglio wrote:

As far as I'm aware I am a customer of the (open)SUSE distribution
and
have raised this concern so that this concern can be attended to.
How
you choose to proceed with this concern is your decision. How you
choose to react or respond to this concern is also your decision.
If
you don't want to implement this or see to it such that this is
implemented, why not just say so? I have yet to see a posting of
the
secret proposal previously mentioned in this thread.

I am disappointed in the lack of transparency offered by the
openSUSE
and SUSE communities at large.

I have no idea what secret proposal you are talking about the
original
email started with a clear proposal with clear reasoning and was
asking
for any objections to implementing the proposal. I'm not quite sure
how
much more transparent the people wanting to make this change could
be.
All of openSUSE's code is publicly available and all changes to
openSUSE
are peer reviewed so its very hard to sneak any change in.

In openSUSE the people willing to do the work are generally the ones
who
get to make the decisions although they are encoraged to get feedback
/
discussion on potentially controversial issues or other major changes
on
this list. SUSE on the other hand has product managers who act in
what
they believe will be the best interest of its customers based off the
feedback they receive.

Either way can you suggest some ways the openSUSE community could be
more transparent, I as a member of the openSUSE board am welcome to
hearing ideas on this.

Cheers