Re: [opensuse-factory] Keeping TW installation lean (Tumbleweed snapshot 20190201 released!)
On 2/4/19 10:24 AM, Axel Braun wrote:
First point for my wishlist: Let zypper check the available space before
downloading. Download size plus some 10-20% security maybe?

That sounds... undesirable. You can't update because you don't have
enough room? We have an update that fixes that, but I'm afraid you can't
have it because you don't have enough space...

It reminds me of:

https://dilbert.com/strip/1995-12-29

How about, instead, Zypper checks for free space -- that does sound like
a good idea to me -- and if there isn't enough, it offers to make some
by running some kind of disk clean-up routine.

Some kind of automatic housekeeping tool which clears old stuff from the
cache, empties all files older than the last reboot from /tmp, offers to
schedule a reboot and fsck, clears old snapshots and kernels, things
like that.

This might be easier to automate than just failing with an error, no?