Hi Simon- as far as I'm aware the currently insecure file system
implementations you are seeking to disable also possess bugs and known
exploits. While my proposal would not necessarily reduce bugs in sum
total, it ought to eliminate the necessity to concern oneself with
insecure file systems which possess bugs and known exploits.

By "virtualizing" or "extrapolating" the file system subsystem, these
buggy and known exploitable file systems (pretty much all of them)
could be contained rather than be removed and/or patched. This may
provide more flexibility to users of (open)SUSE, or, the general Linux
community at large should this be implemented upstream as previously
mentioned.

I hope this email provides clarity.

Best, Jim