Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20190201 released!
Stephan Kulow composed on 2019-02-03 16:12 (UTC+0100):

Dominique Leuenberger:

Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&version=Tumbleweed&build=20190201

Please really do this time :)

This snapshot is exceptional in 3 aspects:

- it updates python from 3.6 to 3.7 and bash from 4.4 to 5.0
and both changes were far from painless
- we did a full rebuild of all packages (the last complete one
was in summer 2018)
- this is the first time since about 4 years that I was holding
the hand of the release process while the release managers
normally doing it are offline for various reasons.

So take extra care, it was done by amateurs :)

Methinks they weren't really amateurs. Several I did today, which were last
done 6 or more weeks
ago. No faults found so far. :)

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/