Re: [opensuse-factory] dozens of unwanted packages !
On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 12:16:15 +0100, Daniele <kailed@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Il 02/02/19 10:32, Jan Engelhardt ha scritto:

xorg-x11.spec:Recommends: xeyes

Guess someone's holding on to the fvwm2+eyes classic desktop.

Xeyes is only an example. xload, xman, xmag, xedit...
Who want to install xorg-x11 ? Why ?

All that use an X11 desktop

And also because of some of these tools :)

Not the ones you mention here, but I use xev on a regular basis

I saw xfontsel on the list, but noted I replaced that with my own
perl/Tk version in 2004, as the xfontsel from x11 isn't that useful

xfs is useful if your co-workers are using Reflection or other X11
clients on Windows that do not have the fonts you have on your Linux
box(es). That makes xfd, xfsinfo and xlsfonts useful too.

xinput is kinda vital for mapping multiple buttons to the same
functionality, like in

xinput set-button-map device 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 2 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

for when you have multiple mice attached with all different button-sets
and you want middle-past to be DWIM

I always compile xterm from git

Daniele.

--
H.Merijn Brand http://tux.nl Perl Monger http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using perl5.00307 .. 5.29 porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE