Re: [opensuse-factory][PLEASE SPEAK UP] Disabling legacy file systems by default?
Perhaps I missed a comment early on in this discussion, but would it not be
reasonable to let someone performing an update know during the initial phase
update when it looks to the existing software to let them know their file
system will not load afterward, and point to the remedy, should they need it?
I am in total agreement with the comments previously that expressed concerned
about someone updating a perfectly functional system and having it fail without
explanation upon reboot.

I have run into this enough times to feel comfortable with it being part of a
standard update process.

And yes, I do read as much as I can prior to updating an OS, or any
application. I have customers and reputation with them I'd like to preserve.
However, there are some things that I, and many others, take for granted, and
file systems are one of them. So, I for one, might have missed this little
tidbit of information.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420