Hi Simon- I would challenge you to examine the feasibility of such a
containment across the entirety of the storage subsystem as this ought
to be a significant value add to SLES customers, not to mention
openSUSE users. As far as I'm aware it is not necessary to disable
features of a subsystem to eliminate its attack surface.

Per my previous reply to Martin Wilck, I would not complain should all
file systems be "made secure" however I don't think that is necessary
as all file systems have already had or willl very likely have in the
future a security vulnerability discovered such that work becomes
necessary to correct the vulnerability. In lieu of addressing each
insecure file systems through correction or disablement, the attack
surface could be eliminated instead vis-à-vis some sort of virtualized
layer between the subsystem and its connecting components.

In lieu of a virtualized layer between the subsystem and its connecting
components, I suppose disabling the file systems would eliminate the
current risk, but does not address future risk to any sort of CVE
bulletin or other discovery regarding file system vulnerability. I
strongly recommend addressing the root cause of this attack surface
rather than reducing the size of the surface itself.

Best, Jim