  • From: Michal Suchánek <msuchanek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 12:40:18 +0100
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 10:55:59 +0100
Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 01.02.19 um 10:36 schrieb Andrei Borzenkov:
I thought about

install foobarfs logger "this module is blacklisted in /<filename>, please
see the comments there"

instead of

blacklist foobarfs

but I think this would also prevent manually loading the module which we
of course do not want.

modprobe --ignore-install

Yes, but that is no longer "just load it manually" but "load it manually with
special options".
Which is easy, simple and logical for you and me, but maybe not for "Joe
User" :-)

If the message or the blacklist file says so it is very logical.

Thanks

Michal