Am 31.01.19 um 22:52 schrieb Jeff Mahoney:
mount(8) can't attempt to load the module itself since it may not have
privileges to do that even if it weren't blacklisted.

We can definitely document the blacklisting case in the mount(8) man
page, though. It's probably possible to link with libkmod and check if
the module was blacklisted, too.

I thought about

install foobarfs logger "this module is blacklisted in /<filename>, please see
the comments there"

instead of

blacklist foobarfs

but I think this would also prevent manually loading the module which we of
course do not want.
--
Stefan Seyfried