[opensuse-factory] Re: [PLEASE SPEAK UP] Disabling legacy file systems by default?
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 22:16:06 -0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 22:05:06 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:

But I'd also be inclined to RTFM for information like that, too.

Where? :-)

Something like this surely would be documented, no? I'm not a doc writer
on the openSUSE project, but stuff like this tends to be in release notes
or in other places. Hell, this mailing list discussion would be a source
of information.

If I need a filesystem that isn't installed, my approach would be to
look to see if it was included in the kernel package (which it sounds
like it would be), and then to look at why it isn't auto-loading.

Ok, so look, read, study... Problems, delays.

Sure. Who uses technology without expecting to have to learn stuff?

Ideally, the mount command would print information, or where to read
more.

Sure, that could be an option as well.

--
Jim Henderson