Re: [opensuse-factory] [PLEASE SPEAK UP] Disabling legacy file systems by default?
On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 11:01:18AM +0100, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 30.01.19 um 20:32 schrieb Michal Kubecek:
On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 08:15:42PM +0100, Martin Wilck wrote:

I can't speak for Jeff, but I'd say yes. The intention is that users
who want to use one of these _kernel modules_ have to edit the modprobe
configuration by hand.

Did you consider users whose systems won't boot after this change?

"Unable to boot afterwards" would imply the module was used when the update
happens. This should be relatively easy to detect and to auto-adjust
dracut.conf so that the module will still be loaded in next initrd.

Yes, that's one way to handle it, similar to what Jeff and Martin
proposed later. I just wanted to point out that we need to handle it in
some way because user's system not booting properly after an update (in
this case, even selecting previous "known good" kernel might not help)
is one of the worst things a distribution can do (from users's point of
view).

Michal Kubecek