Re: [opensuse-factory][PLEASE SPEAK UP] Disabling legacy file systems by default?
Axel Braun composed on 2019-01-31 09:48 (UTC+0100):

Felix Miata composed:

I'd guess the majority of non-corporate continuing OS/2 users are also Linux
multibooters, so it's not so rare. OS/2 and its successor incarnations
offer things no other OS or DE has attempted. It's a significant userbase,
both corporate and non-corporate. If it wasn't, eComStation wouldn't have
existed, and https://www.arcanoae.com/ wouldn't exist today.

Sounds like 'The return of the Walking Dead'
I dropped OS/2 20 years ago, most companies I know of - mostly banks - have
kicked it either. So its market share should be around
<estimate> 0,001% </estimate>

And yet there are enough to manage to have an annual convention:
http://www.warpstock.org/

I can't do with Linux what I am doing almost constantly with OS/2. I have to
have both, and interop between them is already plenty bad compared with
Linux to Windows and Mac.

I don't know what this very special tasks are

Exceptionally functional orphan DOS apps learned 3 decades ago with no
migration path that don't
work in any other DOS emulation.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/