Re: [opensuse-factory] [PLEASE SPEAK UP] Disabling legacy file systems by default?
  • From: Andrew Colvin <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 20:43:14 +0000
On Wednesday, 30 January 2019 19:15:42 GMT Martin Wilck wrote:
On Wed, 2019-01-30 at 21:59 +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

I can't speak for Jeff, but I'd say yes. The intention is that users
who want to use one of these _kernel modules_ have to edit the modprobe
configuration by hand.

How about having an rpm for each that would make the changes to the blacklist
and add the module to initrd on installation and do the opposite on remove.

This would make it easy for people and less error prone and would give the
installation/upgrade process to detect the required driver and add the package
into the upgrade
< Previous Next >