Re: [opensuse-factory] [PLEASE SPEAK UP] Disabling legacy file systems by default?
30.01.2019 21:49, Martin Wilck пишет:
On Wed, 2019-01-30 at 19:01 +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Wednesday 2019-01-30 17:41, Martin Wilck wrote:

SUSE will blacklist a number of legacy and/or less frequently used
file systems by default on SLES for security reasons.

The proposed list can be seen here:

https://github.com/openSUSE/suse-module-tools/pull/5/commits/8cb42fb6658f210cb8c955d584a65f7b041c0575

The question is now whether we should do the same for openSUSE.

The question is whether perhaps autoloading should be inhibited by
default, and then a distro like SLES can *whitelist* all those that
likes.

That way, people can also whitelist their favorite filesystem
*without*
having to edit any file that rpm installed (which, as we know, is
always
leading to a conflict).

I'm unsure how this would work technically, as there is no "whitelist"
directive in modprobe.d files, and no blacklisting by wildcard.

blacklist cramfs
alias fs-cramfs cramfs

Should work, as "blacklist" only ignores built-in aliases, not aliases
explicitly provided by configuration file(s).

What we can do easily, though, is put the distro defaults under
/lib/modules.d, so that users can change them any time under
/etc/modules.d, similar to udev rules.

It is still all or nothing. It does not allow admin to override single
directive (or single rule from udev rules file), so it won't allow
"enabling" of single filesystem.

Although of course in this case the right location for packaged files is
/lib, not /etc.