Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 2019011[05]: Suspend issue w. two monitors
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 10:21:15 +0100, Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Since this (kernel) or the last update (20190110, Mesa) I'm having
major issues with suspending my laptop in two-monitor setup.

I suspended my desktop with lots of applications running Friday in
the office, where it's connected to two monitors. When I resumed at
home with only the laptop monitor I only saw a short blink and then
was put at the login screen. So I restarted everything, suspended
this morning and went to the office. Switched on there in the dock
where the second monitor is connected, and the machine was DEAD.
Just a gray screen (illumination on), but nothing. No mouse/keyboard
reaction at all, I had to reboot :(((

This was working without issues before. Anyone seen similar?

Yes, me. I watched something on a big screen attached through HDMI
and went to bed. When I resumed, I could move and see the pointer
but I could not log in.

The workaround is to detach the second monitor before the machine
goes asleep.

I'll likely write a bugreport later, but no time now, I have to give
a seminar in two hours.....

--
H.Merijn Brand http://tux.nl Perl Monger http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using perl5.00307 .. 5.29 porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE